Couple of random MLB tidbits:
- Tough luck for Strasburg being told he may have to have Tommy John surgery. Did the Nats rush him to put people in the seats? I started getting my hopes up for this franchises prospects in 2011 with a starting rotation that could have had Strasburg, Marquis, Wang and Livan Hernandez. Now, it's starting to look like it'll just be another year for the Nats.
- Jeter in his contract year is really picking the wrong time to have a sub-par season. 30 pts below .300 and no where close to 200 hits - will he pick it up?
- The Yanks are at .619 and 30 games above .500 - which is good. Best in baseball. And they're doing it with Pettitte and A-Rod on the shelf and guys like Mosley, Nova, and Nunez are in the lineup. Makes me wonder if the Yanks are good - or is the league in general just bad??
- Triple crown talk heating up in the NL. Pujols showing why he is the best ever again. But as life would have it, you know that some guy named Joe will edge him out for it.
- I have a sinking feeling that right now anyway, it seems the Yanks are struggling to hold on, while the Rays have the momentum. Will Sept. be the month that the injury bug gets behind the Yanks and Jeter rises up - or will they be a Wild Card team??