All right, so, we're not getting rid of the guy responsible for the lineup and game decisions even though that's what cost us the last several post seasons - fine!
Ok, we're over that.
So, now that we know for sure, what's not happening let's start discussing the top 5 things that should happen, and some things that have no shot in hell happening.
- No contract extensions for Mussina, Sheffield, or Bernie Williams.
- No dealing for Zito and Schmidt. They are not made for the pressures of the East Coast.
- One offer will be made to a veteran pitcher and we know he is made for the Big Apple, and that's Big Andy Pettitte. If he doesn't sign, that's OK, we don't need to do a deal for pitching - because the pitching situation for the Yankees hasn't been this bright in nearly 30 years - (more on that in future blogs!!)
- New long-term contracts for Canoe, Cabrera, and Wang - the next generation of champions.
- No dealing away A-Rod. He's going to step up and show the world that he is the man that can deliver the ring, even if Jeter is a self-interested, spoiled brat.