Position Players = 2/19
Full Squad = 2/20
Burning questions on the eve of the 2007 season:
- Carl Pavano - Will he stand and deliver? Crumble from the pressure? Make all of his starts? Win at least 15 games? Get hurt during warm ups?
- Kei Igawa - Does he have MLB stuff? Will he post the best stats being a number 5 starter? Is Yankee management being coy with us trying to manage expectations full well knowing he is a way better pitcher than Dice-K?
- Chien-Ming Wang - How will he handle being a number 1 starter? Is he a real ace?
- Andy Pettitte - Is he healthy and up to the task mentally?
- Will the combo of Proctor, Farnsworth, and Rivera prove to be the "formula" like River and Wetland in '96? Will Humberto Sanchez be a postive factor for the pen?
- Mike Mussina - Will this be the year he gets 20 wins?
- Hughes, Rassner, and Karstens - Will they be ready when called upon?
- A-Rod - Does he man up and produce A-Rod numbers for both the regular AND post season? Another MVP? When will he go Kenny Rogers on a reporter from being tired of the constant inquiry on whether or not he'll be a Yankee in '08? Will he finally prove that he is championship material?
- Jeter - Will he be a better leader in 2007 (speaking in club house terms not on the field production)? Is he secretly heartbroken that Jessica Biehl dumped him for Justin Timberlake?
- Abreu - Do power numbers come back with a full season in the Bronx?
- Phelps/Mientkiewicz - Are either of these guys a long term solution for 1B? Should we even care given that we have a pipe hitter like Juan Miranda in the system?
- Cano - A fluke or will he keep producing the big numbers?
- Giambi - Does the average go back up and power go down entering a 2nd full season juice free?
- Posada - If he gets hurt or tired, is Will Nieves ready for the big time?
- Bernie Williams - Will we see him again before Bernie Williams day?
- Will Joe Torre make it for the full season? Will he go out on top or out on his back side?